AnyCalculator.com
Over 100 FREE Online Calculators

Monday, February 2, 2015

A new level of archery?

A new level of archery



The ultimate archery trick. Proving that Hollywood archery is not historical.
  
Lars Andersen

 THE ULTIMATE TRICK TOOK 14 TAKES

At first, I didn't think it was possible. You don't have time to aim or think, but can only do it if your reactions are completely instinctive. First of all, you need to be convinced that you WILL hit it, so you can “feel” the incoming arrow and fire at it instead of just flinching away.

I was also in doubt whether it was smart to show this, because I don't want anyone to get hurt trying to copy the trick. I trained for years with soft boffer arrows and spent a LONG time before I tried it even the first time. And the arrow fired at me was not fired with a very powerful bow, though it was definitely dangerous enough!

It was a light bamboo arrow with a metal tip, and the arrow I shot back was a heavier aluminum arrow. That the arrow split was just pure luck, and I'm not certain I could repeat it without first training for a long time. I believe it split because it hit just behind the head and made the shafts fluctuate against each other, causing the bamboo shaft to split lengthwise.

I hope to try it again using a proper high-speed camera!
...........................................................................................................................

(I'm impressed. The original (old) way of shooting the bow was much more accurate and fast. It doesn't matter if the target is static or moving. As Lars said it takes much practice.)

Please visit my new web site that has nothing to do with archery:  (SR)

Fine Tuned Universe

No comments: