AnyCalculator.com
Over 100 FREE Online Calculators

Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Big Brother Dann Filled His Sail And Broke The Line To Home Yesterday




My brother died today. He had various complications including a blood clot. When I arrived at the hospital he was still alive but unconscious. He had been ill for several years with crohn's disease. He had been in terrible pain at times. During the last six months he was given a new medication that did help with the pain and actually helped control the crohn's disease. He had started to feel better so he was out moving around more etc. One day he slipped on a small rug and fell. He broke his ankle which caused additional blood clots to form. My brother was an honest man. We talked and agreed on many things. Dann called me his big brother. I am 4 years older. Dann was also my "big" brother. My brother was a "fighter", he never gave up. He was very amusing at times. He was also kind and considerate. His inner strength in GOD kept him going as did his wife who took good care of him. I will miss my brother. Dann knew the things of this world are only temporary. Dann was loved by many because he was a good, kind man.

The most important thing we agreed on was the need to accept Jesus Christ as your saviour.
My brother new he was saved because he had accepted GOD's free gift of salvation and trusted Jesus as his personal saviour. My brother went to be with Jesus when he died. I will see my brother in heaven again. I love you Dann. You have found peace and are free from pain at last. May GOD be praised.

<< 2 Corinthians 5 >>King James Bible ver 6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: ver 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

The Holy Bible (King James Version)


..........................................................................................
Lift The Wings
..........................................................................................

How can the small flowers grow,
If the wild winds blow,
And the cold snow is all around?

Where will the frail birds fly,
If their homes on high,
Have been torn down to the ground?

Lift the wings,
That carry me away from here and,
Fill the sail,
That breaks the line to home.
But when I'm miles and miles apart from you,
I'm beside you, when I think of you,
a Stóirín, a Grá.

How can a tree stand tall,
If the rain won't fall,
To wash its branches down?

How can a heart survive,
Can it stay alive,
If its love's denied for long?

Lift the wings,
That carry me away from here and,
Fill the sail,
That breaks the line to home.
But when I'm miles and miles apart from you,
I'm beside you, when I think of you,
a Stóirín,
And I'm with you as I dream of you,
a Stóirín,
And a song will bring you near to me,
a Stóirín, a Grá.

No comments: