AnyCalculator.com
Over 100 FREE Online Calculators

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Air Car (A cool idea that is real)


How The Air Engine Works
Technical Details about this cool car
TATA Motors Press Release
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This sounds like a great idea but after reading about it I found there are only 3 prototypes and they only get 7 miles in trials so far. It seems like an interesting concept. Says it takes about 5 hours to compress the air at 230 volts. Even so this would be cheaper than gas. I can see this possibly working for short commuting distances about 25 miles maybe. I drive about 30 a day so if this thing could be charged up for 110 miles like it says, all I would have to do is charge it up every couple of days maybe. Another drawback would be how the thing looks but I would not care because running on air would beat running on $3.00 gal gas anytime. Also the price of electricity stays constant. I would buy one if it works and hope I don't get run over by an SUV or something. This sounds like a like of hot air but it is hot air that is worth a try as opposed to Billery and Mcamnesty which is worthless hot air.

No comments: